About ERO | eru.cz Skip to main content
Vyhledejte, co vás zajímá
- ERO was established in 2001 by the Energy Act, which also sets out its competences.
- The ERO Board Chairman heads ERO and acts on behalf of ERO. In specified cases, the ERO Board decides.
- ERO’s financial management is subject to a distinct title (chapter) of the national budget.
- ERO’s head office is in Jihlava and it has offices in Ostrava and Prague.
ERO’s powers and remit
What is the scope of ERO’s powers and remit?
- It controls prices, or, more precisely, the regulated components of energy prices, on which it issues Price Decisions every year.
- Under the law, it also specifies aid for renewable energy sources in its Price Decisions.
- It promotes competition in the energy sector.
- It licenses energy producers and traders and other energy players and subsequently supervises them.
- It protects consumers in the energy market. It is therefore the right authority to which consumers can resort in case of disputes with their energy supplier/distributor.